Wednesday, November 5, 2014

As I read on, I begin to dislike Pip's character. The fact that, once the boy got the chance to impress his love Estella, to earn a fortune and become a gentleman, he completely "forgot" about his family and started to be distant towards them. He seems to care more about what rich and aristocratic people think and expect from him, rather than what is best for his loved ones.

I think this also brings up that Pip is still immature, as he hasn't realised yet that  loyalty and affection are more important than money and fame. He has a childish vision of the world, believing that being a gentleman is what's most important, just like in the books and movies. He begins to behave snobbishly towards his sister, his dear friend and guardian Joe and Biddy.

This really annoys me as I believe that family should always come first as these are the people who care about you and will always be by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment