Monday, December 1, 2014

SECRET SCRIPTURE 12

I have gotten back the secret scripture and trying to finish the book. I am advancing to the end and finally have received some shocking facts that is having a big impact on the characters especially poor Roseanne. However I have still  not discovered the whole plot which can be quite frustrating. Dr Grene is getting worried as the demolishing of the Roscommon mental  building is coming close and most of the patients  "have " to be relocated. We get to hear about other people living in the building such as  a group of men who were soldiers some of them fighting in Congo, even though they are not mentally ill apparently they fall into the "detritus" of the system. This phrase being quite peculiar to me. I am starting to understand why it is so important for Dr Grene to know the reason behind Roseanne's administration into the hospital as the new facilities will not take everyone and how even this old me are being taken away from there home and relocated somewhere else. In the present Roseanne's health is deteriorating this is a sign for me that the book is coming to the end, however Roseanne is worried about what will happen to all of her books that she has so carefully and painfully written, this is another question we the readers need to take on board. Roseanne through out this book has not had the best life and from the moment that the readers got hope and excited about the prospect of Roseanne's good life it is taken away in an instant. I am discovering that women back then were treated as a commodity or an employe always having to be there on time and if a mistake were to arise the commodity was fatly and had to be taken care of. Fr Gaunt who is a priest has been disappointing me a lot, I am a christian and have always had faith in the church but if there are people like Fr Gaunt alive then there is something wrong. In my point of view he is a selfish, self absurd and mean priest which is ironic as the church is all about giving and being selfless. In this book he treats Roseanne life and emotions as a business deal or as an annoyance.

1 comment: