Sunday, September 20, 2015

Slated, fracture, shattered

The books I have read over the summer are slated, fractured and shattered all belonging to a trilogy. When I first started to read slated I wasn't particularly interested in the book, even as I was 50 or more pages into it, the book only started properly grabbing my attention when I was about 100 in but then I couldn't get my hands of it or the other two books that came after it. I finished the whole series in less than a week in fact. The books mainly talk about an oppressive government that had erased Kyla's ( the main characters )memories, but the anti-government forces had split her mind so that some memories remained. After she has been "slated," the extreme terrorists intend to use her as a suicide bomber. This left her with no other choice than to escape both groups, alter her appearance, change her name, and try to find her real roots, her biological mother. But as she gets closer to finding out who she actually is nothing is as she thought it would be or as it seems, including her former boyfriend, Ben. In this future, Kyla struggles to survive and is more and more determined to halt the psychological enslavement of others (which is being slated).The book is very diverse and holds a lot of information at once but nothing that happened was predictable and for me thats a very big factor which makes the difference between a book that grips you or one that you have to force yourself to read. I highly recommend the trilogy... It made my time at the beach relaxing a whole lot better :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment