Tuesday, June 16, 2015

After reading sapphire blue which was again one of the less challenging books I have read I wanted to read something slightly more intellectual so even though I already know the story because of the movie I started reading Great Gatsby, and yes it is true that the book is another level compared to the movie.. It is very very good.. I haven't finished it yet but I hope that I will find time right after exams..

Great Gatsby was so good mainly since the characters were not only described so well  but chosen very carefully from the author, also when you read the book you have a lot more insight on the characters feelings etc.. The scenery was also described in a fascinating and beautiful way.. some party I re read 2-3 times. Even  though it was very attention grabbing the beginning was a little bit slow since it introduced Nick Carraway for a long time and didn't actually get to the point. All in all the book is extremely well written ( one of the best ones so far ). My favourite character is probably Daisy since she is described in a very sensitive way but also very smart ( a little bit like Blanche exept that she isn't crazy.) Everyone should read it, great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment