Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson

Over the Easter holiday I re-read the Percy Jackson series. I read 4 out of 5 of the books:


Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
This book is the very first of the Percy Jackson series, and it probably the best one. I like re-reading this particular book to try and understand more about the books, and learn new things that impact the story. I read this book quickly as it is an easy read.


Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
I really like this book too, it offers a much more mythological story, though its not my favourite.  The movie of it was not even relative to the book…

Percy Jackson and the Titans Curse
This book is really about the uprising of the Titans once more, and this book is very good, offering a lot of mythology on the titans and the era before the gods.

Percy Jackson and the Labyrinth
This is the last book I managed to get up to… and this is the build-up to the next book where the big battle is to happen



In all the Percy Jackson books, I have learned so much about Greek Mythology and how much we use it in modern society. I have re-read all these books many times and I still discover new things every time, and I am still excited to read them.

1 comment:

  1. I dislike the books more and more the more I read them. Ditto?

    ReplyDelete