Monday, June 8, 2015

The count of Monte Cristo

I haven't posted on the blogger for a long time, but I have been reading quite a lot and I am almost finished with my book! I honestly love it! It is so interesting and I am so glad since we have more time to read now, I can try to reach the end by the end of this term. I had heard so many good reviews about the book and when I wanted to take it from the library, I spoke to Mr Berube and he said such nice things about it so I decided to check it out. It is honestly one of the best books I have ever read. It is quite easy, the language is not very complicated and is quite modern. It flows very quickly, rather very few useless long descriptions which is a big advantage! It is full of adventure and has the motif of revenge and can teach you a lot about life.

I want to tell you a little bit about the plot without spoiling too much for you, in case you decide to read it. It is about a man, called Edmond Dantès, who has basically everything in his life: a gorgeous fiancee who he loves and who loves him back, as well as a wonderful job as a captain of a ship that he is about to receive soon. However, when everything in your life is going wrong, that causes many others to become jealous. Three of his "friends", one of who is jealous of him for his upcoming marriage, the other being a candidate for the captain job as well, decide to send an anonymous note accusing him of being a Bonapartist traitor, something very bad at that times. That causes Edmond to be put into jail, despite being innocent. He then tries to escape and when he finally manages, he is ready to find revenge. He cannot reveal his true identity as he is living illegally, but having spent quite a few years in jail, he has fortunately changed a lot so nobody recognises him. He uses that as an advantage to achieve his plans of revenge.

I really encourage you to read this book if you have the chance and I am sure that you will love it!

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy enthusiastic reviews, but you'll need to write some more, with more detail about your response, before Friday.

    ReplyDelete