Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Count of Monte Cristo

I have been posting quite often so you already know more or less what my book is about, as well as the fact that I like it very much. I just want to say why that is so I can give you a better vision on why it is special and better than other books. 

First of all, the book starts really strong. Unlike most other books where the introduction and the first few chapters are extremely long and usually makes you not want to keep on reading, in this novel the suspense is introduced straight form the beginning which I find is a really good thing. Edmond is put into jail only in the first three or four chapters which really encourages the reader to continue with the novel.
Another thing I love about The Count of Monte Cristo is the plot. I prefer realistic books and it is really good how despite the fact that there is adventure, there is suspense and there is mystery it is not  all fiction and it makes it easier to relate to it, understand it and to fully "dive" into the story and imagine it more clearly. I also like how there is a moral of the story and it can teach us a lot about real life. It also helps us know that the people you think are your friends might not be as loyal as you think. It also introduces the motif of jealousy and how it causes people to take terrible actions. 

Most importantly, you should read this book because the story is AMAZING! It is incredible how so many things happen in every chapter and it is only very rarely that there might be a boring part. The book often leaves you wondering what is going to happen next and can be very unpredictable. It is also creative, as many of the ways that Edmond gets revenge are very unusual ways. Also his escape from the prison was so original and that makes it more interesting as well. The characters are well-portrayed and we get to know them very well. I also like the fact that there are no certain positive or negative characters, but the author (Alexandre Dumas) has left it to the reader to decide who he supports and likes and who he doesn't.

I am saying it again, I really recommend this book!

1 comment:

  1. Some really enthusiastic comments, Kalina. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete