Sunday, November 29, 2015

I recently finished reading the book "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. I took me a while to get through it, but it was worth it.
The book has 2 love stories in it; one between Jane and Charles and the one between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. The more recognised one is the one between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.
Elizabeth is the second daughter of Mr and Mrs Bennet, she is the most sensible and intelligent and very down to earth. On the other hand, Mr Darcy is a rich gentleman from a wealthily family that is self conceded and a bit arrogant. Mr Darcy never falls for the lower class but he ended up falling in love for Elizabeth Bennet and he exposes his feelings to her. As Elizabeth judged his wrongly, she does not accept his offer for marriage but then afterwards realises that she loves him too. They eventually get married in the end.

I really enjoyed this book because it is a very different kind of love story to the ones that I usually read because of the separation of the upper class and the lower class. Being rich is what defines you during that time, so that is how people decided who they were going to marry.
I liked the fact that I could feel the connection between Mr Darcy and Elizabeth from the get go. If i had no idea what the story was about when I ready it, I would have know that Elizabeth and Mr Darcy would have ended up together.

I would most definitely recommend this book to everyone that has a decent level in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment