Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Our man in Havana

Since I loved the novel "The tenth man", I decided to try out another of Graham Greene's novels. I came across "Our man in Havana". This is the book I am currently reading. It is a lot longer than the one I had read before, as well as, in my opinion, less interesting.

The story takes place in Havana. The main character is a vacuum cleaner retailer, named James Wormold, who is asked to become a spy for the British secret services. His wife had
left him and he is living with his sixteen year old daughter, Milly, who is spoiled and very materiallistic. Since, he isn't earning enough money to support both of them, he decides to accept the job and become a spy as his "side job".

He only tells two of his friends about his secret and decides to keep it from his daughter. Since he knows nothing about being a spy, the man fakes all his reports and makes up "partners". After he realizes that his plan is working, he

No comments:

Post a Comment