Thursday, April 28, 2016

"An abundance of Katherines" by John Green

I have just started to read this book and though it is moving at a slightly slower pace; I'm finding it really interesting. The book is about a teenage boy named Collin Singleton. He is extremely intelligent (he could read at the age of two). He loves everything to do with reading and language as well as anagramming. He is very self conscious of the fact that manu people think that he is a washed up child prodigy therefore he spends most of his hours studying and reading. Collin has not been successful though in finding a long term girlfriend. He has dated 19 girls all with the names of Katherine and he has been dumped by every single one of them. He had just been recently dumped and decided to go on a road trip with his best friend, Hassan. Hassan is almost the polar opposite of Colin he spends most of his time watching tv and hasn't even applied to college yet. 
I am at the part right now when they are on the road and have just seen a town called Gutshot that claims to have the grave of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand. So they stopped there and thats the part that I am at. So far I am really enjoying this book, its a nice change from the quick paced books that I usually read. I can't wait to find out more the road trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment