Friday, May 6, 2016

Leonardo Da Vinci by Giorgio Vasari

The little black book by Giorgio Vasari is a Brief Biography of three Italian artists: Da Vinci, Filipipo and Botticelli. The book had some very inspiring phrases in it, describing different paintings about these world famous artists which was my favorite part about it. One of the many beautiful phrases describing the Mona Lisa was 'In this painting of Leonardo's there was a smile so pleasing that it seemed divine rather than human.' The book is amazing for anybody which is interested in art history, which I definitely am therefore I was very pleased when I finished it. A great read, I can only continue recommending it! 


I have almost finished the second little black book from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe "Sketchy, Doubtful, Incomplete things."  The book has a selection of the most insightful maxims and reflections from one of Germany's greatest ever thinkers like Goethe.  The book is slightly harder to read, and certainly takes longer to read than the last one. I would not recommend this one unless very interested in these writers or thinkers. Still, it is very educational and insightful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment