Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Southeast Asia: An Introductory History

Southeast Asia: An Introductory History
Hey there! Peter here (please don't judge my name... I made my google when I was 9). I started reading 'Southeast Asia: An Introductory History' since late-August. I know most of you would moan at the word 'history'. For me, it is very interesting to learn about my homeland and the neighbouring countries. So far, I read 5 chapters about tradition, history, geography and European influence on Southeast Asia. The book is interesting because it explained many questions regarding the culture of the Southeast Asian region; for example; why Vietnamese culture (tend to be more Chinese) is different from the other mainland southeast asian countries (tend to be more Indian) or what are the benefits of the European colonisation. As some of you may know, Southeast Asia is situated to the south of China and east of India. Sadly, this region did not shine much in the 'World History' stage, however, it doesn't mean that it more 'boring' than the other parts. I strongly recommend this book to those interested in the not-talked-about-much part of World's History and those who are Southeast-Asian.

No comments:

Post a Comment