Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Great Expectations

I started reading "The great expectations" and I like it a lot so far. I haven't read that much yet, because sometimes the vocabulary is challenging and I have to look up the meaning of some words, or go back and read a part of the text more than once, but the story has started to develop already. What happened until now is that the main character, named Pip, saw a convict, who escaped from prison. The man begged him for aid and scared to say no, Pip decides to help. He steals food from his sister's house as his parents have died so he lives with her. Later on in the story, the convict is found by the police, but decides to protect Pip by saying he stole the food himself...
What I really like about the book is that I'm only on chapter 5 (I haven't even read 1 quarter of the book) and there is already a conflict and that makes reading more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. You may as well be accurate with the title: it's just "Great Expectations". But I'm glad you've started to enjoy it. I thought the most interesting features were the colourful and strong characters, only a few of whom you've met so far. Let me know what you think of the others.

    ReplyDelete