Sunday, April 12, 2015

Private Peaceful 10

I am still enjoying this book and am looking forward to unraveling the plot. Tommo has just ran away from the screaming parade where the old lady was harassing him to sign up for the army. Tommo was so aggravated by the old ladies statement "chicken" that he was persuading himself to join to show his strength for his family and especially for Molly. Dinner was served and Tommo straight away unravelled his points of you over the army and I believe one of the reasons he said it straight away was not for him to change  his mind. Charlie  leapt in immediately and said he would never want to kill a man and everyone said that he was to young and Tommo was upset that he did not have his moment but later on he was glad that the family shut down the conversation. I personally do not believe in war and even if I would not like to be considered a coward I would never voulunteer to be a soldier. During the week Mrs Peaceful received a visit from the "lovely" Colonel when Charlie and Tommo were at work. I knew from reading that passage that the Colonel came to speak about the army and later on I discovered that my hypotheses was right.In the book Molly and both the men for a walk and their she reveals that the Colonel asked very abel-bodied  to serve his King and Country and if not done he would remove the family from the cottage. I found that very cruel from the Colonel because he promised the Peaceful's when his wife died that he would always take care of the family, if he breaks a promise he made to his own wife who passed this shows his lack of manners. Molly continued and said that the Colonel demanded that Charlie need to go to war or the Peaceful's suffer the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment