Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Private Peaceful 12

Tommo is on his first ever train ride on his way to war, leaving behind the familiar the cosy to enter a strict barn world were death is on the door step. I believe that for his age he is keeping is cool very well and is handling any emotions that are flooding in. While driving through a tunnel Tommo  quoted a sentence that impacted me: "then we were in a tunnel, a long dark tunnel filled with din and smoke and blackness.It seems like I've been in that tunnel every day since." This sentence for me sums up how bad the war was or Tommo's life that he transitioned from a space of fresh air into a tunnel of smoke. Every chapter or so a reference to a time is maid e.g fourteen minutes past two and in that one page sums up Tommo's current emotions and it gives us a preview of what will come wether that is good or bad I have not yet discovered but it makes references to Charlie's name in the past which would indicate to me that something will happen to Charlie.In this passage Tommo quotes " I don't want to borrow any more time. I want time to stop so that tomorrow never comes so that dawn will never happen." Even though I am not in the same situation as he is I believe that this statement is very relatable to. That you don't want to face whats lying ahead and for Tommo I am presuming is to have to face another day of war and of confronting death face to face.  Tommo and Charlie have arrived at their destination where the next page opens up with "stand still!look to your front,  Peaceful you horrible little man! Stomach in, chest out Peaceful! Down in that mud Peaceful where you belong, you nasty little worm."From reading this I already know that the person saying this has issues with the Peaceful's which one I don't know yet and this man if very mean and corse with his language.

No comments:

Post a Comment