Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mrs Rosie and the Priest

I am about half way into the little black reading book that has been assigned in class, called Mrs Rosie and the Priest my Giovanni Boccaccio.  The little book contain 4 tales taken from Boccaccio’s Decamaron, written in Tuscany in the 14th century. One is about a man being robbed and himself a thief to regain his losses, one is about an old man being cuckolded by his much younger and wife, the third is about a priest tricking a married woman into having sex, and the last story I have not yet read. Though I must say that the previous three stories have sadly not blown me away, some parts were quite humorous and funny but mostly it was not exactly what I was looking for, so not gonna recommend this one, Im sure there are better ones out there ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment