Monday, February 23, 2015

The Great Gatsby:

As I get closer to the ending of the book, I realise that Tom Buchanan isn't the most loyal or respectful man as he slaps Myrtle when she brings up Daisy and he is also having a secret affair with Myrtle. He also drives Gatsby into anger at the Plaza.  All the characters personalities are starting to become more and more clear. We get a real idea of who they really are. Daisy, for example was the golden girl, the sweetest girl in the book, so we thought but she turned out to be superficial to hide her pain. Gatsby on the other hand, was the mysterious man that thew big parties and further into the book we find out that he actually had feelings and really wants to love Daisy as he did 5 years ago.
   As I was so curious to find out at the beginning of the book, the book is like the movie but just with a few minor differences. I just have a few more pages to go until I finish the book and so far it is probably one of the best books that I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment