Tuesday, October 28, 2014


Blood of Olympus Theophile Clive-Worms



I, like Max S, also read the book Blood of Olympus. Likewise I read this book because the author wrote a series that I read a few years ago and I read his new books for old time sake and I learn a lot from them. Rick Riordan first series of mythological books was the Percy Jackson series, which at the time I loved. His new series of which the book B of Olympus belongs to is called: Heroes of Olympus, this series involved many more heroins (included the characters of Percy Jackson books). Which in effect complicates things because we are all used to the main character from the old series (called Percy Jackson), who also had the role of narrator, but now in the new series its a chapter per character so eight characters is eight different people speaking! So eight main characters is hard to keep up with!
  Blood of Olympus was the last book of this series and I am sad to say goodbye to the greek mythology, but this book was very disappointing. For three main reasons:
1st: I find the writing much too childish (even though I am also a child, I prefer reading book with a higher level of vocabulary).
2nd: The ending of the book is very disappointing (not sad but disappointing for those who are half way through the book :))
3rd: In Rick Riordan's  Percy Jackson series, Percy one of the only narrators, so we all became 'close' to him, but as I explained the new layout involves different characters and Percy only speaks once during the entire book which is very sad because he is the coolest character. Concerning Percy not narrating much, he also gets left out in the action and you feel that at the end of the story Rick Riordan just wants to take him out of the picture and give him no futur :(.

2 comments: