Friday, October 24, 2014

Switched by Amanda Hocking

I have just started this new book called "Switched". I have read 50 pages and I am already hooked. I am loving this book! It is about a girl who was switched at birth and is being guarded by this boy Finn as she is a Trylle which is basically a troll. She has never fit in at school (she's been expelled 6 times in the past 2 years), she has a short temper, beautiful but hard to manage hair and she hates to wear shoes. These are all characteristics of being a troll, but Wendy is special, she has the power of persuasion which is a form of mind control. She can make anyone do whatever she wants them to do by looking into their eyes and repeating what she wants over and over again. Although this gift makes her feel powerful and special, she is terrified of what she can do and tries to hide it at all costs.
I love this book so far and can't wait to read on.







2 comments:

  1. wow ! I feel pretty bad for wendy ! being a person who she does not like and i could not imagine not wearing shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i know! Her life just got very complicated!

      Delete