Monday, October 6, 2014

The silas mariner and lolita

I have almost finished the Silas Marner and I now wanted to start Lolita, a book about a young girl going through a teenage pregnancy....
The Silas Marner was very hard to understand but a very touching book at the same time, I had to look up a great amount of words and concentrate very hard on it, it was definitely not a book you would be reading between classes or so since you need all your attention. It talks about a a very sad old man being rejected by his old town where he use to live...

5 comments:

  1. My sister has read the book Lolita and told me that is is a very good and well written book, she recommended mo to read it and it sounds very interesting, she vaguely told me what it was about and it sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead and try it by all means, but it's harder than Silas Marner: not so much the language, but the craziness of the narrator. See what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that Lolita is quite a violent book is that true ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please update us on your thoughts about Lolita as you progress through the book, because I have heard many good things about it, but I've also bee told that the content is also not very pleasant to read at times if it's just for pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read enough yet to say if its a violent book or not, the vocabulary and the way the narrator writes is in deed very hard to understand because it is so easy to overlook important information for understanding whats going on.. but i am enjoying it, i will update on how it is.. I am now only on the first 30 pages so i will wait a little longer

    ReplyDelete