Monday, October 6, 2014


The Cuckoo's Calling

First of all I would like to answer this question that I was asked on my previous post: How do you know J.K. Rowling is real? More seriously, for how long was this book on sale before she revealed who the author really was? Did you choose it because of who wrote it?

J.K. Rowling is real because she has written many books before and has given interviews in person, Robert Galbraith however is not real. When you type in 'Robert Galbraith' on the computer you will find numerous photos of J.K Rowling and many articles telling you that she was the one who wrote the book. Wikipedia even shows this:
Notice how the name Robert Galbraith is not available to click on.

A journalist having read the book looked up the author when the book came out, the wiki page of the mysterious author said that he served in the army for most of his life. The author questioned the truth because he knew that an army man could not write with such vocabulary. Then J.K Rowling admitted to being the author about a month after the book came out. 

I chose the book the Cuckoo's Calling because it was written by J.K. Rowling and for no other reason. I found her Harry Potter series most intriguing and I was anxious to continue.

3 comments:

  1. What is it about J.K Rowling's style that you enjoy?
    ~Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find her use of vocabulary is well chosen that you end up getting sucked into the book. I also find her style of writing inspires me to write like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know why J.K Rowling used Robert Galbraith's name on the book instead of using her name?

    ReplyDelete